Our thorough dental examination will give us a comprehensive picture of the current health of your teeth, gums and associated tissues.
Your regular dental check-up will involve:
- A complete medical history
- Examination of your temporomandibular joints (where the jaw articulates with the skull). TMJ problems are a common cause of headaches.
- Palpation of the salivary and lymph glands in the head and neck looking for discomfort, swelling and asymmetry
- Examination of the skin and soft tissues surrounding your mouth looking for abnormalities, swelling and moles
- Examination of the teeth and gums. As well as a visual examination this will include:
- X-rays: we use digital radiography equipment with a much smaller radiation dose than standard equipment. X-rays are a vital part of any dental examination allowing us to diagnose problems under the surface of the teeth, between the teeth or in the roots
- Intra-oral camera: a small hand-held camera can take close-up pictures of your teeth and project them onto the screen in front of you – you will be able to see exactly what your dentist sees.
- Diagnodent: a gentle laser device that rests on the tooth and calculates the level of bacteria on the surface. This technology allows safe detection of early or hidden caries.
- Dietary advice
- Discussion of oral cancer risk factors including smoking and alcohol
Book your dental check up at the Kensington Dentist today by contacting us or calling us on 020 7221 1680. We offer a relaxing and timely dental experience in London.